Thursday, August 28, 2014
Three of my favorite things. Together. Amazing.
The Piano Guys version that includes 1. them 2. Iguazu Falls and 3. their version of Gabriel's Oboe and How Great Thou Art played on cello and piano. Beautiful!
Iguazu Falls is located on the Argentina/Brazil boarder. I went there as a young missionary in 1977 with our district for a P-day activity. It is an experience I'll never forget. It was haunting. Gabriel's Oboe is one of the most beautiful pieces of music ever written, in my opinion. It was written for the movie "The Mission" in 1986 by Ennio Morriconne and was nominated for an academy award for best movie soundtrack.
I want it played at my funeral. Seriously.
The pure melody played by an orchestra with oboe solo.
In Italian sung by Sarah Brightman
A clip from the movie "The Mission"
A beautiful version in English by Hayley Westernra
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Beautiful, gorgeous music. Love the versions you have found for us, Vonnie. Thanks.
vfr
Post a Comment