Rick and I had Lizzie and Will for eight days and enjoyed every minute of it. With the help of the younger Lindley girls Kelsi and Alysa (who tended them for four hours a day while I went to work), Andy and Chelsea and Jordan and Jake for one morning, we managed to cover all the bases. In those eight days, they went to Chuck E Cheese twice, the Children's museum of Natural Curiosity twice, the Provo Rec Center pools, the Provo employees summer picnic, on a hike, to the Kangaroo Zoo jump place, swam in the Cherry Village pool every day, visited Grandma Pat and jumped in her tramp, had a picnic, and played with all the retro toys I still have in my playroom from their mom's younger days.
We read stories, told stories, sang songs, played in the swings, made home-made play dough, went to the playground, went to church and to their own classes without protest, napped, laughed, cried a few times and watched some Disney movies and Curious George. We even had a visit from the Police when Will locked himself in my car inside the garage, along with my purse and the keys to the car! Luckily, the officer saved the day and got the car door opened.
They both have such darling personalities and it was so fun us to spend some one-on-one time with them and get to know them better. Will called me Gamma Vonnie and Rick Gampa Ricky. In a prayer Lizzie offered before they left, she prayed that they wouldn't cry when they said goodbye! We love our little Queen Lizzie and Prince Will and look forward to spending more time with them next summer. They were very brave to be away from their mommy and daddy for a week, but somehow I think we managed to keep them busy so they didn't miss their home too much.


2 comments:
Holy smokes! That was a looong list of fun activities! C&R may be cursing you if their kids complain that they're bored once they get home! I just put it together that Lizzie was probably named for Queen Elizabeth? And Will for Prince William (I had already guessed that)... that Claire and her Britain obsession. I love it.
It was so very fun to have Liizzie and Willie visit for that week. They are fun and funny kids and we had some great activities. We also remembered why you have kids when you are young
Vfr
Post a Comment