In my mind I'm gone to Carolina
Can't you see the sunshine?
Can't you just feel the moonshine?
And, ain't it just like a friend of mine
To hit me from behind?
Yes, I'm gone to Carolina in my mind
James Taylor
Can't you see the sunshine?
Can't you just feel the moonshine?
And, ain't it just like a friend of mine
To hit me from behind?
Yes, I'm gone to Carolina in my mind
James Taylor
The BEST part was seeing little Charlie man and Dave and Courtney. Charlie had just learned to walk and he was busting a move and walking all over the place, all the while holding his little chubby arms in the air to balance himself. We took some wonderful walks through the surrounding neighborhoods and shopping centers and a couple of drives through the city to get a lay of the land. Charlotte is a beautiful and sprawling city. I helped them get packed up and ready to move to their next assignment. It was so much fun to spend time with them and to chat and chat for hours on end. I'm so proud of this young family and for the good life they have carved out for themselves!
![]() |
| Here we go, off on an adventure! |
![]() |
| The skyline of Charlotte. It is a financial center with lots of banks. |
![]() |
| Meeting Dave for lunch and seeing where he worked. His building is in the background. |
![]() |
| Charlie rocking his shades going out for an adventure. |
![]() |
| This baby boy loves books. Lots and lots of books. |
![]() |
| Courtney and I went to breakfast with Jenny who is a great family friend. We chatted for hours and enjoyed getting caught up. She and her family also live in Charlotte! |
![]() |
| In front of Dave and Courtney's apartment |
![]() |
| Darling Courtney having some play time with Charlie who was laughing his head off. |
![]() |
| Enjoying some southern cooking at Mac's. |
![]() |
| No meal would be complete without lots of different choices for BBQ sauce. Yum! |
![]() |
| I've never seen this phenomenon anywhere else but the south...using pine needles as ground cover and mulch. Cool! |
![]() |
| The view outside of Dave and Courtney's apartment...trees all around. |
![]() |
| Getting out and walking around a beautiful lake |
![]() |
| Sitting pretty in his Cadillac stroller! |
![]() |
| Off to church |
![]() |
| The cute family |
![]() |
| Packing up and moving out |
![]() |
| Some stuff stayed in Charlotte and some stuff went to Boston |
![]() |
| Goodby my sweet little friend! Until we meet again. |



















5 comments:
What a great trip, and so great you could be there to help. I want to do more traveling in the East!
How fun for them to have all these neat experiences in other places of the country! I'm glad you were able to visit them and help them move. Courtney seems like such a darling and fun mom!
I love the pictures of your trip! It is so green there and such a change for us westerners. I'm glad you got to spend time with them and am sure they loved having you visit.
Terrific pictures and wonderful post, Vonnie. We are happy that you got to go to Carolina, and not only in your mind. It is a beautiful place, for sure. Dave, Courtney, and Charlie have a great experience there.
Looks like an awesome trip. Love the fat boy.
Post a Comment