Thursday, October 25, 2012

October - Breast cancer awareness month

We went to Chicago and neighboring states to attend the BYU-Notre Dame game last weekend.  I'll get to that report a little later.  What surprised me was ALL the pink breast cancer awareness ribbons we saw everywhere!  It was amazing to see the level of support that was being shown at the Chicago airports and all through the city of Chicago.  Check the links below to see their amazing skyline that was lighted up with PINK!
For several years now, the BYU Cougars have humbled themselves to wear pink accents as they played games at least once during the month of October.  It has been a great show of support.  Now I pay attention to those things more than I ever did before.
I hope these various methods of raising awareness reminds women and the people who love them that they need to get their yearly screenings and not put it off.  I've been happy to hear of a niece, a friend and a sister who said they went in for the annual mammogram and that they were thinking of me while they were doing it.  I hope my experience will help some woman to have the courage and determination to just get it done.  I know mine saved my life because it was detected early and could be treated aggressively. Hooray for breast cancer awareness month!

Chicago Midway airport

Chicago skyline goes pink


1 comment:

VFR said...

There is great awareness of breast cancer, and there is much research going on in its detection and cure. Thanks for the post, and for your efforts in raising awareness of this disease.