I'm at day #8 now after the infusion and I'm starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel. No energy. Shortness of breath. Fingernails turning white under the nail. Right eye twitching. Rash reappearing on my hands. Nose bleeds. Chemo brain. No appetite. Dry mouth. Dry nose. Digestive issues. Hourly trips to the bathroom. Nausea. Not throwing up nausea so much as just feeling yucky. Nothing sounds good to eat. Forcing myself to eat and drink. Don't like the taste of anything sweet. Bone pain subsided after about day 5, but it was painful. Even my toes hurt. Tears. Blessings. Prayers. Re-reading my "uplifting thoughts book" from family and friends. Taking meds to combat the side effects. Wonder if they are just causing more side effects.
Half way there. 3 down, 3 to go. I can do this, I can do this, I can do this.
Colleen brought us dinner again on chemo day. She is such a dear friend.
My kind mother-in-law went with me to receive the chemo infusion and brought us food.
My sweet ward sisters brought us some delicious meals that were much appreciated over conference weekend. All this food is a great blessing to my husband who might otherwise starve.
Watched the LDS general conference from my bed with Rick by my side. Watched the last session in the recliner with Rick, Andy and Chelsea
My cousin Von visited.
A huge piece of my back molar broke off and I had to go to the dentist to get it ground down and fit with a temporary crown on Monday. Great. More expenses. I don't think it is a good idea to mix dental work with chemo. Missed work.
Forced myself to work several hours a day T-F this week. Thank goodness for a flexible job and understanding and kind people.
My sis-in-law Robyn visited from CA and brought flowers
My sis-in-law Ann and her husband Brian brought us dinner and gave me this
I LOVE it! I think I'll keep adding some more pink/breast cancer charms.
Dear friends David and Pam from OR sent this.
Love just keeps pouring in. Uplifting messages, texts, calls and visits keep coming.It means a lot, I'm not gonna lie. Lots of love and support from our children and their spouses and our sweet grandchildren
The Beehive and MiaMaid girls came over last night for mutual and made fondue. It was a great distraction and I loved being with them.
My brother Paul and my sisters Mary Ann, Lee and Janet came by for a visit on their way to AZ. It's always a mood booster to see the sibs and I appreciate their love and support.
Finally, which hat do you prefer?
![]() |
| Look #1 |
![]() |
| Look #2 |
![]() |
| Look #3 |
![]() |
| Look #4 hand made by a sweet woman I VT named Allyson |








8 comments:
I really like the green hat, mostly because green is my favorite color, but honestly Von, you look beautiful wtih or without a hat. I keep thinking about you and praying for you!
Thank you, Vonnie, for your unvarnished statement of how it really is. It's tough, and hard, and it hurts. At the same time, people have been so kind and good to us, and we pray for blessings for them for their kindness. You are brave, and you have guts. We admire you and love you for showing how to bear up and do this very hard thing.
I like the green hat. Love you mum.
You can do this!...I like the green hat the best.
Love you mother, you are the strongest person I know and I am amazing at the fight you fight on a daily basis. As for hats go I say we get you a chesse head hat from wisconson when we go there. I think it would look pretty cool. Either that or you could start wearing clarie's hat that looks like a basketball cut in half
I'm glad too to hear how you really feel and how it's going- the good and bad. I'm glad we got to visit you last Friday, and hope you're feeling better now than then. I wish I was there to bring you dinner. I like the green hat best.
I agree with Kylee, that you look beautiful no matter what. And I liked the green best too. But the hedgehog comment made me laugh out loud.
You do have a collection of hats! I'm so glad you've had gifts/people pouring in and hope it keeps coming. You are amazing Mom and I love you.
Post a Comment