1. We went to Oceanside exactly at a time when the "super moon" was in full swing. Besides the fact that it was larger than normal, it also made the ocean currents more active and the tides were higher. It made for some great adventures in the ocean. I even went boogie boarding this year and I got tossed around a goodly amount of the time. The rest of our crew also felt the power of the ocean and the tide more than usual.
2. The Eclipse! I thought it was very interesting to watch an event that happens so rarely. Those "burning rings of fire" were fascinating to watch. We went over to a neighbor's home who had a telescope on the sun with a side projection showing the moon as it passed in front of the sun. It was heavenly marvel, that's for sure.

3. The BYU Planetarium. For our annual college staff retreat, the theme was on STARS. As part of the retreat we went to the Planetarium for a star show and a great feature presentation showing more about the size of the universe with pictures from the Hubble telescope. Wow. That's all I can say. It was so interesting and I learned a ton. I love those kind of activities that are fun and informative.

It reminds me of this verse of they hymn: How Great Thou Art
Oh Lord my God
When I in awesome wonder
Consider all the worlds
Thy hands have made
I see the stars
I hear the rolling thunder
Thy power throughout
The universe displayed
Then sings my soul
My Savior, God, to Thee
How great thou art
How great thou art
Then sings my soul
My Savior, God, to Thee
How great Thou art
How great Thou art



2 comments:
The moon was very cooperative when we went to Oceanside, producing some very nice waves for our boogie boarding pleasure. It was also interesting to see a little of the solar eclipse. Thanks for the interesting post, Vonnie.
The moon was very cooperative when we went to Oceanside, producing some very nice waves for our boogie boarding pleasure. It was also interesting to see a little of the solar eclipse. Thanks for the interesting post, Vonnie.
Post a Comment