Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Goodbye to summer



Football season is in full swing, so summer is headed out the door. While Claire and Skippy were in visiting, we went to dinner to celebrate Andy's b-day. Andy LOVES his little nieces and they love him. He is so darling with them and they love to play with him. It was a good visit. Goodbye to the green leaves of summer and hello to fall.



We enjoyed a wonderful weekend when R and Claire came to town with Skippy (well, except for about four hours on a certain Saturday afternoon.) We walked down the new trails on campus that have been recently renovated and enjoyed some good outdoor atmosphere and chit chat. Skippy was a huge fan of the walking trail, the creek, the waterfalls and the ducks.











I'm loving the cool mornings and the cold air that comes in through our bedroom window during the night. I LOVE breathing cold air while snuggled under warm blankets. There is nothing worse than sleeping in a hot or even a warm room. The cooler nights and mornings are a welcome relief. I love the changing seasons and most of all I love the changing flowers, plants, trees and scenery.
A sweet friend from BYU named Camille (a former student employee) met me at Thanksgiving Point for lunch and a walk through the summer gardens before the flowers are pulled up for spring planting. It was a LOVELY day and we enjoy our visit and our walk. It truly is an oasis of beauty in a desert landscape.

3 comments:

VFR said...

The Indian summer weather of this area is just about perfect. Coupled with college football, this is my favorite season. Thanks for the post and pictures, Vonnie.

Jord said...

I do like those gardens at the point, and I'm glad R&C&S could sneak in a fall trip, even if it was for that fateful game.

Kylee said...

Wow those pictures are gorgeous!! I guess I need to add Thanksgiving point to my list of things to do/see. I haven't been there for a LONG time and I don't remember it being even close to that pretty. Glad you had a good summer!