I've never roasted chestnuts on an open fire, but I have enjoyed having an open fire in the fireplace of our living room over the last few weeks. It just feels so nice and warm. It looks great and it creates an ambiance that is unmatched with the crackling logs all aglow. Funny thing is that we haven't used the wood burning fireplace since we bought this house...16 years ago. Not one fire. Until a couple of weeks ago. I finally bought a wood grate, the fireplace tools, some self starter logs and we were set. We even had a huge pile of wood out back for an emergency, but now we are burning the wood without an emergency in sight. Our gas buring fireplace in the basement is great and we've used that one for years. It's just such a nice addition to burn some real wood on the fire. I grew up with a fireplace and later a wood burning stove. There's nothing like a nice fire on a cold night to bring some holiday cheer!
We've had some lovely dinner parties with some friends over the weekend, and the burning fire added just the right final touch. It will certainly help us keep Christmas well throughout the month. Hooray! And about those chestnuts, does anyone know how to actually roast them?? I'm curious...
5 comments:
I'm green with envy over your gorgeous dining room and your beautiful fireplace! Two things I don't have and want!!! Everything looks beautimus! Is that a new mirror in the dining room? I don't remember it.
I would love to spend Christmas in your [new] home.
Happy Holidays! And thanks for the Christmas card. You have such a darling family.
The fire is a nice touch, I think. Thanks for all your good work with the house, Vonnie.
Your dining table looks beautiful!!
I love seeing pictures of Christmas decor. Oh and by the way, we'll be driving through Provo at about 3AM on Saturday. We're leaving tomorrow as soon as I get done with work and driving through the night. It's what we've always done and it seems to work really well for us. But thanks anyway for the offer! I can't wait to see you again!
LOVE AN OPEN FIRE. wISH WE COULD HAVE ONE HERE. cANT WAIT TO COME AND BASK
Post a Comment