Monday, July 18, 2016

Happenings in June

We got a new fence!  It took about a month from beginning to end for it to be built.  Two guys tore out our old fence and put in the new fence.  They both had other jobs and would work on the fence as their time permitted.  It was a huge project for them and took longer (and cost more) than any of us anticipated.  It looks lovely now and I'm so glad that it is done and that we can enjoy the summer with the new fence in place.  Hooray!





Rick's family had a five day reunion at a beautiful home in Midway, owed by my MIL's brother.  He so graciously invited our extended family to use their home for a reunion.  We were able to attend the reunion with Claire, Lizzie and Will and it was fun to be together with everyone.  I was only able to stay for one day before leaving for AZ to help Jordan and her family drive back to Utah.







I don't advise going to Phoenix in the summer.  Holy cow!  It was so incredibly hot (as shown below.) I was able to attend a going-away pool party given by some of Jord's friends the evening I arrived. There must have been 200 people come and go during the open-house hours.  It was so wonderful to see all the people who love Jordan and Jake and their family come and wish them well as they leave Arizona and move to Utah.  Sunday was more of the same as they attended church for the last time in their home ward.  Monday and Tuesday were loading days and movers came and loaded up all their belongings into three pods for storage and transport to Utah.  Jord also rented a Budget truck to bring up their bikes and other necessaries while they are waiting to get into their new home in Utah.  Our dear friend Mark P. flew down to drive the truck back up.  That was so incredibly good of him to do that.  My assignment, along with darling SIL Jessica, was to keep the kids busy and out of the house while the packing and loading was going on.  I can't say enough good about Jake's brother Matt and his darling wife Jessica who live nearby. They have offered so much time, love and support to this little family over the past several years.  I don't know what they would have done without them.  We went to a movie, to a fire station, to lunch and the kids played with their friends one last time.  It was terribly hard for Jordan to say goodbye to the home they have loved and lived in for 9 years and to leave the place where she and Jake had made a life for themselves. My heart broke for her.  I mourn very deeply with her and know that it will take time and the atonement of Jesus Christ to heal her broken heart, or at least make it somewhat better.  Time. 
They have made so many lasting friendships and they will miss their friends and neighbors who came to their rescue so many times.  She was exhausted by the time we pulled out, headed for our home. I drove the entire way and let her just rest.  While I am happy to have them closer to us so that we can help, I too miss Jake and mourn his loss.









At our lunch at Panda Express, we saw some
 firemen who invited us over to tour their station.
That was so nice of them and we learned a lot about what they do.


 It's been a busy month full of lots of changes and activities and I'm excited to see what the future holds.

1 comment:

Vonnie said...

Thanks, Vonnie, for keeping us posted, with pictures and commentary. Love you.

vfr