Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Provo river trail

I got the idea that Rick and I should walk the entire Provo river trail last fall.  We had walked part of it before, but I thought it would be a good accomplishment to walk the entire 30 mile trail.  We did it in segments and figured out a way to park the car and then walk from the car a few miles and then walk back to it.  The next time we would start from where we left off and walk another segment. That way we walked the entire 30 miles over the course of several outings as our time permitted.

Not only was the scenery beautiful, but it was a great opportunity to be with Rick and turn off all electronics and just talk.  We discovered parts of Provo that we had never seen before.  The trail is open to bikers, runners and walkers.  I would like to walk it again in the fall and bike it from the top to the bottom which is either slightly downhill or straight terrain from Vivian park to the lake.  I would highly recommend it for a family outing or as a couple.  I don't know that I would do it alone since there are some heavily wooded areas that would make me feel unsafe if predators (human or otherwise) were around.  We arrived at Utah Lake Stake Park last night and finished out little walking goal.  Hooray for us and hooray for the beauties of nature!









At the marina
There were sail boats, motor boats and jet skies
 (although the water level is low and the water looks so cloudy,
too bad Utah Lake isn't more like Bear Lake)
Wind blowing at the point!
The canyon to the right of Mt. Timp
is where we started our journey
We were rewarded with this beautiful
 view of the lake just before sunset.

2 comments:

Lee said...

What a great accomplishment! I would love to do something like that with Mike. Maybe we can chart our own course around Cache Valley!

Vonnie said...

This was a lot of fun, and another great idea you had, Vonnie. I am sticking with you and your wonderful ways and terrific ideas.

vfr