Tuesday, May 24, 2016

...which passeth all understanding...

Philippians 4:7
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, 
shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

We have felt that peace that passeth all understanding as we said goodbye to Jake.  We have also prayed that the peace we have felt will linger with us, especially with Jordan and their little children. I offer my sincere gratitude to all of those who have mourned with us and who have offered their love, comfort and support at this difficult time.  So many have provided extraordinary service to our families and for that I'm extremely grateful.  It was a treasured time to celebrate Jake's life and his legacy with a funeral in Arizona and a memorial service in Utah.  So many family members and friends attended these services and extended their love and support.

Jacob Clyde Robertson
April 4, 1979 ~ April 23, 2016




My wonderful friends Leslie and Kathleen provided these
beautiful programs for us as a gift.  I've never seen such a
 beautiful funeral program and I'm so grateful to
them for this service that they gave us.
Contact them for more information for printing.
Leslie owns:
http://www.sendsations.com/


The inside of the program
The programs for the services and Jake's balancing
 wheel and the link to Jordan's talk at the funeral that tells more about it
http://jtrainride.blogspot.com/2016/05/my-talk-from-jakes-funeral.html


Jake's memory lives on as we think of him and try to follow his example in how to live a good life, following the principles of the balancing wheel (including setting goals in the areas of Physical, Social, Spiritual and Intellectual growth and achievement throughout lives.)  As I prepared his burial clothes through my tears, I thought of the many ways he has touched my life and how he was such a perfect match for my sweet daughter in marriage.  I'm so grateful for him and his influence in my life. He will be sorely missed, but we know that we will see him again, thanks to the matchless gift of the Savior, Christ Jesus.


Jake the BYU fan extraordinaire,
 http://www.cougarboard.com/board/message.html?id=15792494

Family life in pictures, capturing precious moments

Early life items, including his mission to Spain
 and his graduation diplomas from BYU and the U of U,
 and items from his legal career.
Wonderful Jessica helped me prepare the display
(along with the Philipp women) and it was an honor
to prepare to show a few treasured items from Jake's life
The pallbearers in AZ who are all his brothers and fathers
Most of the Robertson family
Our family
My children with darling Ellie doing her thing
My children who love and support one another.  I love them so much.
Our dear, long-time family friends the Philipp family came to AZ to support us.
Their six children and our four children have been friends since childhood.
Andy, Tyler, Jordan, Curtis, Becky, Andy, Claire, Jana and Dave.
  The only one missing is Craig who sent his wife Amanda
 and stayed home to care for their children. 
Chelsea, Amanda, Heidi, Becky, Becca, Jordan, Claire, Jana and Courtney
As they have married and started families of their own,
they have remained close and have become friends with one another.
My sweet sister Carol came to AZ to attend the funeral
and offer her love and support.  She has lost two husbands to the
same awful tumor that took Jake's life.  She is a great support
 and friend to Jordan and she can empathize like no one else.
My brother Paul and his wife DeNae also attended the funeral in AZ.

My best friend and helper through
 a very hard experience of losing our dear son (SIL)
We have shed many tears through this journey together
 and he is my anchor and my strength.
We're thankful to those who sent some flowers to the services,
 but also grateful for all those who have contributed
 to the fund for the future needs of the children.
  http://jtrainride.blogspot.com/2016/04/donations.html
We will continue to work to reach our goal.

The pallbearers in Utah

Barbara (Jake's mother) Jordan and children

Larry Hansen our family friend and the mortician.
Larry took care of Jake's body in AZ and UT
and drove down to conduct the services
and bring his body back to UT for burial.
Who does that?
I highly recommend his services and tender care.
http://www.serenityfhs.com/
Jake's parents John and Barbara and his wonderful siblings and their spouses.
James, Jenny, Jordan, Matt, Jessica, Jen, Taylor,
Steven, Kirsten, Brian, Christian and Sarah
We loved spending time with this good family.

Our family at the beautiful East Lawn Memorial Hills
 cemetery with Mt. Timp in the background

Jordan and children



My sisters and their spouses came to love and support us.
Carol, me, Lee, Janet and Mary Ann
Many of Rick's family attended as well,
 but sadly we didn't get any pictures together.
Ann, Doug, Margie and their families attended.

Jordan's cousins on my side of the family who attended
 (missing Lindsey who was nearby with her baby)
We so much appreciate their love and support.






John 14:27
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you; not as the world giveth, give I unto you. 
 Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. 

6 comments:

Becky said...

It was such a special and sacred time. Thank you for letting us be apart of it. I can imagine, it is so hard for parents to watch their children bare such agony. As well as your own loss, the loss of your son in law. My heart aches for you and Rick. Jake is such a big part of your family and his physical presence will be terribly missed. We love you all so much and always will. Know my thoughts and prayers are continually with you.

Lindsey said...

The love and support your family and friends show you is so inspiring. I hope my girls can be as close as yours. I'm SO sad I missed the grave side service. A crying baby might have expressed what a lot of people were feeling, but I thought it was best to keep the service peaceful. Thanks for the special mention of my absence :)

Andy said...

Good post and pics mom

Unknown said...

Wow- this post is amazing. Such great detail about every little thing. No wonder Jake wanted you to handle all the details after he died...I'm so glad we could mourn with those that mourn and comfort those in need of comfort. I love your family so much.

Vonnie said...

Thank you, Vonnie, for the post. There cannot be enough good said about Jake. He was without guile. He lived a life without any serious regret. I love him, and miss him so much. I am so grateful for the knowledge that we will see him and can be with him again.

vfr

Jord said...

Love you Mom. I'm so grateful for your help during that very difficult week.