Tuesday, December 16, 2014

He is the Gift

Every year, LDS congregations (wards) throughout the world have a ward Christmas party.  It can take various forms and be in the evening or sometime during the day.  It can be more focused on Santa Claus or be more spiritual in nature.
I remember ward Christmas parties when I was a kid.  Santa Claus would always make an appearance and give each kid there a brown paper bag full of hard tack candy, nuts and an orange.  I was thrilled with that bag of goodies.  Somehow I don't think kids now would like that bag of treats very much. 
Since I serve at the Relief Society activities chair, I was asked to head up the ward Christmas party this year.  All of the auxiliaries helped, but someone needed to steer the ship and make assignments and that fell to me.  Our dear Bishop Loveless passed away a few weeks ago, so our ward is still hurting from that loss.  We invited the Loveless family as our special guests and wanted to make the party in remembrance of our Bishop who always said "life is good!"
Our theme was "Joy to the World! The symbols of Christmas."  We had a lovely breakfast of breakfast enchiladas, cinnamon rolls, fresh fruit and dip, hot chocolate, OJ and milk. We had a Christmas pageant about the symbols of Christmas, and pinatas for the children at the end.  We also wrote letters to our many ward missionaries.  It was a fun time for all and it turned out great.  It was very well attended and everyone helped pitch in to make is a success!  Many people shared their gifts that Saturday morning. How will you share The Gift?
A certain wise man kind of stole the show.  Somehow his crown just didn't fit his large head.  Can you tell which one he is?











1 comment:

VFR said...

You did a super job of organizing the ward Christmas party, Vonnie. It could not have been organized better, and the whole ward is grateful for your efforts. We had a wonderful time, everyone was involved and had an assignment, and the party was a tremendous success.