Thursday, November 20, 2014
My mother dear turns 88
My Mom celebrated her 88th birthday last Sunday. She is amazing in so many ways. She is doing well (considering her age) and is getting along pretty well. Her memory is giving her some challenges as well as her hearing, but she is trying to make the most of being alone and finding things to do. Many, many thanks to my sisters and nieces who live close by and keep an eye on her. I appreciate them including her in their family activities. We had a fun party and everyone shared a memory they had of her and one of her qualities. That made her feel so good. She said it gave her enough fuel to keep going! I love my Mom and appreciate ALL that she has done for me over my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm so glad you make the effort to come to her party! And that she got to come home w/ you for a few days. I always love it when she has a break from her regular routine. I can't believe she's 88!
I am grateful for Mary. She is a dear friend, a wonderful mother-in-law, and a courageous soul. She keeps going and moving forward. I love her and am grateful for her.
vfr
Post a Comment