Friday, July 4, 2014

America the Beautiful!

Rafe enjoying the parade with his patriotic mustache

We were to happy that Dustin, DaeLynn, McKynlee
and Lucy could come to town this year.
  Dust ran the 10k with Adam, Rick and Andy first and
 then we settled down to watch the parade in a great spot in the shade.

Cutie pies

The Smith group.  So happy they could be with us!

Andy, Chelsea and Rom.
 Why Romney needed binoculars at the parade, I don't know.  Hum...

The only shot I got of me and
 Rick...too bad about his eyes being closed :(

Pat, Romney, Bob.
 After attending the parade for so many years,
we know how to save a place, get in and get out without a lot of waiting.
  It's a fine art we've developed over years of practice. 
My friend Cydnee C.  I've been her mentor and friend
 for three years and wanted her to participate with us in a fun family day.

Aslett crew with A and C

Chowing down and having a good visit

We missed Vern this year :( :( :(

Great food, great fun, great family! Adam is the man.

Love these two! Dustin and DaeLynn

Sydney just weeks from her due date!  She is such a good sport.

Miles cooking up some good eating.
 Food, swimming, games, napping and lots of visiting!
Robert and Carol were our special guests of honor
 (sorry this isn't the best shot of him, but it was the only one I had)
Another great 4th of July has come and gone.  We love the Freedom Festival in Provo and try and take advantage of as many of the activities as we can the week leading up to the 4th.  This year we got to hear Laura Bush speak at the Patriotic Service, attend the Utah Symphony patriotic concert at Thanksgiving point (with GREAT fireworks at the end) and walk around the colonial village and food truck round-up in Provo.  I love celebrating our great country...land that I love with people that I love.
What a class act.  She gave such an interesting and uplifting speech.

Mrs. Bush with our Governor and his wife.

Food truck round up in Provo.  Amazing!

Utah Symphony at the Waterfall at Thanksgiving Point.  Great!

1 comment:

VFR said...

It was a great 4th and we are lucky to live in such a place with wonderful, celebratory events for the 4th. God bless America! Thanks for the post, Vonnie.