 |
| The happy family - Dave, Courtney, Charlie and Margaret |
 |
| Making cookies with my buddy Charlie |
 |
| Enjoying their community pool, practically right out their back door |
 |
| Cooling off on a hot, humid summer day |
 |
| Ummmm.... |
 |
| Meeting sweet Margaret |
 |
| Charlie meeting his new baby sister |
 |
| We got him a Mickey stuffy and he brought a Minnie for Margaret |
 |
| So sweet, she is such a good baby |
 |
| I loved spending a week with this great family |
 |
| Our 8th grandchild. I'm so happy!! |
I really enjoyed my visit to North Carolina for seven days. It is such a beautiful state. I can see why Dave and Courtney love it so much because it is a great place to live. Margaret Veneta was due on the 18th of June and she made her arrival on the 22. This gave Courtney and me time to visit Hobby Lobby and do some 4th of July shopping. We all went to dinner and enjoyed some southern BBQ, swimming and some walks around the area. After her birth, I got to tend Charlie for two days while Dave and Courtney were in the hospital. We went to church together and he sat on my lap the entire time during sacrament meeting (which his parents were surprised to hear.) We had a lot of fun playing with his Thomas train sets, putting puzzles together, making cookies and shopping around. He was just a little bit obsessed with my iPad and the games of Elmo and Thomas the Train that were on it. He is my great little friend and I loved getting to know him better. He is such a smart, fun, darling personality little guy. We went to the hospital and visited baby sister and it was so cute to see him meet her. Once the new baby and her parents came home from the hospital, we helped cook, clean, iron, grocery shop, make freezer meals, wash windows and get everything ship shape (which is was already.) It was a lovely week and I'm so glad I got to share it with our dear son and his little family.
2 comments:
How great that you got to be the one to be there when the babe was born and take care of darling Charlie. They are the most adorable family. I love that Dave is sitting in the pool w/ Charlie. That's a crack up.
You did a terrific job helping out with Dave, Courtney, Charlie, and baby Margaret. Thanks for going out to Carolina, Vonnie. Your visits are what everyone looks forward to. You are a worker, and a helper, and they all benefit from your work and help.
Post a Comment