Our sweet granddaughter Lauren was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on March 1, 2014. We were so happy our mothers could attend with us as we traveled to AZ for this important event. Lauren, Jordan and Jake had the support of so many family members and friends. Lauren asked me to give the opening prayer at the service and her mother gave a wonderful talk as she and another little girl were baptized. Lauren played the piano and accompanied a group of children as they sang a primary song. We also sang "When I am Baptized." The words go like this:
I like to look for rainbows whenever there is rain
And ponder on the beauty of an earth made clean again.
I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain.
I want to be the best I can and live with God again.
I know when I am baptized my wrongs are washed away,
And I can be forgiven and improve myself each day
I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain.
I want to be the best I can and live with God again.
 |
| Lauren with her two great-grandmothers Pat and Mary |
 |
| Sisters and cousin with the GG mothers |
 |
| Lauren and her daddy Jake |
 |
| Jake, my brother Paul, his wife DeNae, Mom and Lauren |
 |
| Father and daughter |
 |
| Playing around with Uncle Rich and Grandpa Rick |
 |
| Our oldest granddaughter who we love so much! |
 |
| With Grandma Pat |
 |
| Lauren's whole family! Ellie, Ada, Tommy, Mom, Dad |
 |
| Aunt Claire, Uncle Rich, cousins Lizzie and Will |
 |
| Both sides of the family celebrating with one little girl |
It had been an unusually wet and cold day in AZ on her baptism day. It was overcast and cloudy and right after the baptism, the clouds parted and a beautiful rainbow appeared. It was very symbolic of our feelings that day. We felt hope, peace and love and a assurance that our Heavenly Father was near, just like the song said. Even though her daddy was scheduled for brain surgery two days later, the focus was on this sweet girl and the peace and calm we felt as we gathered together to watch her enter into the baptismal covenant and begin her first step home to live with Him again.
2 comments:
A beautiful recap Von!
Great post, Vonnie, about the baptism. It was a wonderful, spiritual, inspiring event. We love Lauren and are so proud of her.
Post a Comment