We absolutely LOVED visiting Maine a few weeks ago. We'd go back in a heart beat. It was such an interesting and beautiful place. It has a coast line like no other state and the harbor towns are quaint and very inviting. I'd love to go on a vacation for a week to Maine, but alas, we only had two days to explore this green, wooded, coastal state. We got to experience a lot of firsts too. We got to drive through much of Maine as we headed to New Hampshire and to Vermont. It's hard to imagine the difference between the New England states and the western states. It's like being in a whole different country. I love the huge variety we have in this beautiful country of ours. We also got to visit
Acadia National Park and enjoy the majestic scenery there.
 |
| Freeport, Maine. Home of L. L. Bean and some mighty fine shopping. |
 |
| Crossing the state line into Maine! |
Following Route 1 in Maine was awesome!
 |
| The beautiful State Capitol building in Augusta, Maine |
 |
| Enjoying the view in a harbor town - Camden, Maine |
 |
At the top of Cadillac Mountain where the sun first
shines on the good ole USA every morning. |
 |
| See what I mean?? Stunning beauty! |
 |
| Bass Harbor lighthouse in Acadia |
 |
I enjoyed LOTS of seafood at every meal.
Lobster rolls, New England clam chowder at four
different restaurants, halibut, and... |
 |
fresh lobster. $14.99 what a bargain.
I needed the bib. I got cracking and ate every
succulent bite of that poor lobster. Rick opted out. |
 |
| Camden, Maine. I'd love to go back some day. |
 |
| Acadia National Park, wow, what a beautiful place |
 |
| Ranger Rickeee |
 |
| Entering Acadia |
 |
Rugged coast line of Maine.
No wonder they need so many lighthouses. |
 |
More beautiful scenery as we drove
the Acadia loop through the park |
 |
Lunch at Jordan Pond inside Acadia
with clam chowder and popovers! YUM! |
 |
| Here's a little glimpse of Bar Harbor, Maine |
 |
Rick's mom went with us and we enjoyed
her company. The harbor at Camden, Maine. |
 |
Enjoying the only sandy beach at Acadia.
Rick was sorry he didn't have his swimming suit. |
2 comments:
Fun! I want to do that trip someday. Did you take the 6 th pict or was that from a postcard? Gorgeous!
Maine was fabulous, as was the rest of the trip. New England is beautiful, and we had a great time. Thanks for the recap, Vonnie. Love traveling with you.
Post a Comment