He did it! He traveled to all 50 states and did it by age 58. Rick entered his last state...the state of Vermont on Wednesday, September 11, 2013. We went to Sharon, Vermont to see the birth place of the
LDS prophet Joseph Smith, Jr. Rick only had three more New England states to visit to reach his goal and on our last trip, he polished them all off, adding Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont. After flying into Boston, we rented a car and drove about 1,000 miles seeing the breath taking beauty of New England. Rick has traveled from coast to coast, from east to west, from north to south. A person can't help but have a feeling of pride and of love for this great land of ours. I love the USA, sweet land of liberty!! I have five more mid-western states to visit and then I'll be all done too. Hopefully next year I can reach my goal. Yeah for visiting all 50 states! It was a fun, interesting and worthwhile goal to accomplish!
 |
Here he is at the last state sign. We had to stop on
the freeway to get this shot, but it was worth it. |
 |
This is the original foundation of the birthday place
of the prophet Joseph Smith. There was a very
sweet spirit at this place. The surrounding farm
and wooded areas were absolutely peaceful and serene. |
 |
A large granite statue was erected in 1905
in recognition of the Prophet's birthplace.
It's a wonderful memorial to a great man. |
 |
A small visitors center is on the grounds and
we learned a lot more about the Smith family and their history. |
 |
| Welcome to Sharon, Vermont. |
 |
The grounds were beautifully maintained and it was
a wonderful day to visit this important place in Vermont. |
create your own personalized map of the USA
or check out our
California travel guide
1 comment:
Thanks for the shout-out, Vonnie. I have "touched them all," to use the vernacular of baseball announcers, and it has been great fun. I have a much greater appreciation of this wonderful country of ours, and I am very thankful to the Lord for the United States of America. Now on to the project of getting you to the five states you have left.
Post a Comment