Rick attended his annual conference again this year and I got to go with him and work on my projects and enjoy some warmer weather for four days. This year I took four large boxes of papers and treasures and continued to go through them and keep the good stuff to put in plastic pages/binders and get rid of the rest. I found some good treasures along the way. I also watched several movies on HBO that I hadn't seen before. Rick and I took some lovely walks and discovered some new places. We saw two movies - Jack Reacher and "42" about the life of Jackie Robinson and enjoyed them both. We're going to return with our kids in June after Andy's wedding and now we know of some good places to visit. I love to discover new things to do in St. George. We also drove around and saw some mansion houses that are in the surrounding areas and wondered if they are all second homes or if people live in those homes year round. Hum..interesting. So much construction is still going on there.
The Town Square park is lovely with a splash pad and a carousel and a children's museum will be opening this summer. We'll be going to this:
to see this:
We went to this place to see this sculpture that we had heard about. It is an interesting representation of what might happen when a person passes away as they go through the veil and return to the Savior.
Althought we've been here before, we always enjoy visiting the St. George Tabernacle
to see the workmanship of Rick's great, great grandpa Miles who was the head architect responsible for building the tabernacle. We both commented that the apple has fallen very far from the tree since Rick, his dad and his grandpa don't know a hammer from a screwdriver. Seriously, they aren't handy at all but they have other skills that have made up for it.
I really love to visit St. George and this year was no exception. We had a great time and enjoyed a delicious meal at The Painted Pony restaurant the last night we were there and also did some temple sealings in this beautiful place.
I did my very best to show some self control and NOT eat pie for lunch and dinner at this place.










4 comments:
I really want to go to St. George sometime with you so you can show me around. I've only been there maybe 2 times in my whole life and one time was just passing through to LV and we only stopped for lunch. The other time was the family reunion to Zion and Bryce and we spent one night there. I feel very behind the times.
St.George is a wonderful town, and I am glad for our family history there. Thanks for the pictures and the recapitulation of our activities there, Vonnie. I love to travel with you.
I love the St. George temple. One of my faves. Cool sculpture!
I can't wait to stop there after the wedding. You're practically a pro at what to see and do around town and I'm sure the girls will love taking in the sights of St. George.
Post a Comment