My two oldest sisters Janet and Mary Ann came to town to help me get ready for Christmas! I know my two younger sister would have come as well if they hadn't been working. This is what they created in about one day of decorating. I would have taken me days with my low energy to accomplish what they did in hours. In fact I wasn't even sure if I was up to the task this year. I love my international creche collection in the living room and my Santa collection in the family room. My sisters saved the day and got us all ready for Christmas with cleaning, decorating, shopping, wrapping and just having a great time together while listening to Christmas music. What a BOOST in every way possible before my 6th and last chemo treatment!
This year my THOUGHTFUL and KIND nephew Dustin and his wife Daelynn cut us a fresh Christmas tree from the mountain near the home where I grew up in Idaho. I haven't had a freshly cut tree since living in Idaho! He brought it all the way to my doorstep and set it up ready to decorate! It's the last picture. Isn't it beautiful? It is still so fresh and smells so good. It's drinking about a quart of water a day and will probably last til Valentines day. What a sweet, sweet surprise from a darling nephew!
 |
I got these new pictures this year from the artist Susan Comish
who is a wonderful artist and who paints a lot of Santa paintings. |
 |
| Janet and her family gave us this wonderful map of the 50 states and we love it! |
 |
| Thanks Dustin for this beautiful freshly cute Christmas tree. WE LOVE IT! |
6 comments:
Ohh that's so neat that Dustin cut down that tree for you and brought it all the way from Idaho! Your house looks darling and I'm glad you have such great sisters who are so willing to help. I hope things going well as you finish up your final treatment. I can't wait to see you over Christmas break!
Thanks so much to Janet, the entire Smith family, and to Mary Ann for their kindness to us at this particular time. We appreciate so much what they have done for us, which reminds us of "doing unto others as you would have done unto you." God bless all of them for their efforts in our behalf.
Oh, I love this post! Sisters are just the best! I'm so happy for you that you can enjoy all the festivities of Christmas w/o having to have gone to all the work!
I'm still remembering all your special nativities! The fresh tree topper looks perfect. I had so much fun visiting you and hope to drop in again soon. So glad you are feeling somewhat well.
Daelynn and I are so glad you like your tree. It looks great decorated. I was nice to visit with you and Rick. We hope you and your family has a merry Christmas!
We love the Romney family! So glad we live close and can enjoy your Christmas decorations in person. I must say... I have a pretty cool brother!
Post a Comment