Friday, August 17, 2012

A splurge day

On June 19, the day before surgery, I had a fun splurge day.  Here's how it went:
8:00 am -haircut from long to shorter to make things easier and to lose my hair in stages.  My long-time hair stylist Kirby got the job done
9:30 am - the Merry Maids arrived and thoroughly cleaned our three bathrooms top to bottom.  I LOVE those ladies!


10:30 am - a beautiful flower bouquet arrived from Rick's office and from the Philipp family
11:00 am - I went to TJ Max and bought a new mattress cover and some high thread count luxury sheets
11:30 am - stopped by Costco and bought some new jammies
12:30 am - went to lunch with a friend at Brick Oven (no more eating for me the rest of the day)
2:00 pm -  went to the AF Hospital for some pre-surgery tests (this part wasn't the most fun of the day)
3:30 pm - went back to the salon for a manicure and a pedicure
5:00 pm - more flowers arrived from SCERA
7:00 pm - a friend stopped by for a visit and brought me a plant
7:30 pm - hung out with Rick, Andy and Chelsea and talked to our other kids who were making preparations to travel to Utah
9:30 pm - took a bubble bath and went to bed feeling the love and support of so many family members and friends.  I'm a very lucky lady.

3 comments:

VFR said...

You deserved a splurge, Vonnie. And there will be more days like that, for sure. Thanks for the post, and for doing so well on the splurge day. We love you.

Annie said...

Your shorter hair is really cute Von. Mom said your new wig is cute too. How nice to pamper yourself and be pampered by others!

Jenny said...

I dropped off the blog radar. I haven't been on anyone's for a good month or so.

Anyway, so sorry to hear this! Good luck with everything, I will be checking in more often to see how you are.