Last weekend Rick and I met up with his sister Robyn and her husband Bob for some fabulous entertainment at the Utah Shakespeare Festival in Cedar City. It was outstanding entertainment and we were touched by the stand out performances of the talented and professional actors & actresses. There is nothing like quality live theater! I love it and I love attending entertainment that lifts your sights, your spirit and your thoughts. Way to go Utah Shakespeare festival! We'll be back again!
To Kill a Mockingbird
"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view... until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
"They're certainly entitled to think that, and they're entitled to full respect for their opinions... but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself. The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."
"I think there's just one kind of folks. Folks."
- Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird
This play dealt with many issues that make up the human condition. How we treat others. How we think of ourselves in relation to others. How we follow or don't follow our own conscience. How we stand up for those who need help. How ordinary people to extraordinary things. How character matters more than most might suppose. How a good example preaches a sermon without words.
Les Miserables
I Dreamed A Dream lyrics
I dreamed a dream in times gone by
When hope was high
And life worth living
I dreamed that love would never die
I dreamed that God would be forgiving
Then I was young and unafraid
And dreams were made and used and wasted
There was no ransom to be paid
No song unsung
No wine untasted
But the tigers come at night
With their voices soft as thunder
As they tear your hope apart
And they turn your dream to shame
He slept a summer by my side
He filled my days with endless wonder
He took my childhood in his stride
But he was gone when autumn came
And still I dream he'll come to me
That we'll live the years together
But there are dreams that cannot be
And there are storms we cannot weather
There was a time when men were kind
When their voices were soft
And their words inviting
There was a time when love was blind
And the world was a song
And the song was exciting
There was a time
Then it all went wrong
I had a dream my life would be
So different from this hell I'm living
So different now from what it seemed
Now life has killed
The dream I dreamed.
Does life kill our dreams or do we kill our dreams by sometimes making poor decisions that bring upon us the consequences of those poor decisions?? I think there is some of both in life, but this message certainly gives me pause to think and reflect.
The Merry Wives of Windsor
"Why, then the world 's mine oyster" - ( Quote Act II, Scene II).
"This is the short and the long of it". Merry Wives of Windsor ( Quote Act II, Scene II).
"I cannot tell what the dickens his name is". - ( Quote Act III, Scene II).
"As good luck would have it". - ( Quote Act III, Scene V).
"This is the short and the long of it". Merry Wives of Windsor ( Quote Act II, Scene II).
"I cannot tell what the dickens his name is". - ( Quote Act III, Scene II).
"As good luck would have it". - ( Quote Act III, Scene V).
This play was a delight! It had great comical and wonderfully clever lines. I love William Shakespeare and his mind that created such wonderful imagery and thoughts.










1 comment:
They were great, and I loved being there with you. I am glad we got a chance to see the plays. Thanks for the post, Vonnie.
vfr
Post a Comment