Monday, November 6, 2017

Dinner with cousins

On man, October was a blur.  So fun and lots of traveling. More on that later.  I'll start with the most recent and go backwards.

Last Sunday we had such an enjoyable evening.  We invited three of my cousins and their spouses over for dinner.  Steven and Elena, Rebecca and John, and Susan and Chris.  It was so fun and interesting to just visit and catch up with all that is going on their lives.  Wow.  What impressive people who are out in the world accomplishing much good.  I'm so proud of them and all the things they are involved in and all that they are accomplishing.  We all commented on the fact that we come from good stock.  Our grandparents, Ray and Mayme instilled in their children and consequently in us their grandchildren,  a love of God, love of this country, love of family and love of hard work.  I'm so grateful for these two good people, their six children and now many grand children, great-grandchildren and great-great-grandchildren.  I wish they could see (and probably they can!) how their family is flourishing in spreading the good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ, of honoring their parents, working towards their dreams and making a difference in the world and in their homes and communities.

I made an unusual meal.
Two appetizers - garlic and honey meatballs and coconut shrimp
Main dish - my sister Lee's butternut squash soup recipe with bread sticks
A wonderful salad was brought by the cousins and a apple crisp dessert.
It was a lovely evening and I hope we can do it again.







1 comment:

Vonnie said...

It was good to get together with the cousins, and catch up a bit on their lives and the lives of their families. I think Grandpa Ray and Grandma Mayme are proud of these folks, their grandkids.

vfr