Sunday, June 7, 2015

Trust in God

Wow.  A month has gone by since my last post.  So much has happened.  Some wonderful happenings and some very hard happenings.  Through it all, I've had a thought go around and around in my head for several weeks.

It is this...I simply trust God.

I do.

I trust that he knows me.  I trust that he loves me.  I trust that he is aware of my situation and of those happenings in the lives of those I love.  I trust that he sees the big picture.  I trust that I can turn to him and that he will hear my prayers, by hopes and dreams and the pleadings of my heart.  I trust that his answers to me will be for my best good.  I trust his outcomes even when (and especially when) I don't understand or agree.  I trust that he will direct my path.

I trust that he knows what he is doing.

Sometimes certain happenings just don't make any sense to me in the here and now.  The suffering, the sinning, the unfairness, the pain, the losses. Oftentimes I can't see the beginning from the end. Sometimes I have to look back to see the Lord's hand manifested in the details of my life and in the lives of those I love.  Living in the moment, they are often too hard to differentiate.  Sometimes I just don't get it and sometimes I do.  Some of the stories in the lives of the people I love around me are still unfolding and some don't look like they will end the way we would like.  But through it all, I trust.
Yes, there is faith, hope and charity.  I believe in those eternal truths too, but to me, trust is the compilation of all three.  At the end of the day, you can believe, hope and love, but if you don't have trust in a higher power who is omniscient, then what is the point?
There are so many things I don't understand and so many things that are a frustration and a trial and hard to bear.

But I trust in God.
I feel his love.
I know he is there.
I see his handiwork.
I feel his kindness, wisdom, goodness and forgiveness.
I put my trust under the shadow of his wings.





Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.  In all thy ways, acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy path.
Proverbs 2:5-6

The fear of man bringeth a snare; but whoso putteth his trust in the Lord shall be safe.
Proverbs 29:25

How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! Therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings.
Psalm 36:7

Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song, he also has become my salvation. 
2 Nephi 22:2

And thus we can behold how false, and also the unsteadiness of the hearts of the children of men; yea, we can see that the Lord in his great infinite goodness doth bless and prosper those who put their trust in him.
Helaman 12:1

1 comment:

Vonnie said...

Thanks, Vonnie, for your post, and for your faith in and trust in God. He is our Heavenly Father, and someday we will be able to see clearly what we can now see only through a glass, and darkly at that. I know you trust in God, and I am grateful for that.

vfr