Wednesday, November 6, 2013

October ~ Breast Cancer Awareness month





Sometimes it seems surreal to me that I had breast cancer.  I know I'm in remission and that it could come back, but I don't dwell on that. Sometimes I look back on my posts from last year and read what I was going through this time last year.  It was tough. It brings tears to my eyes to remember it.  It was a dark, heavy place going through treatment.
I recently came across the stories of two young mothers (one made the video below) who have been diagnosed with breast cancer.  They are aggressively fighting it with the best known medicine and procedures on the planet.  They are opting for the most aggressive methods of treatment in the hope that they will win the battle and be around to raise their small children.  The young woman below had gone through a double mastectomy and had had her first treatment of chemo.  Her hair had started to fall out.  
The victory isn't in the achieving the hoped for final outcome.  Some fight hard and still lose. The victory is in getting through what needs to be done with hope and faith that the outcome will be positive and successful.  The battle is in the journey, in the submission, in the knowledge that to live, you almost have to die.  My hat is off to these brave young women and thousands of others who have been diagnosed this year.  I love that pink ribbon and all that is represents...membership in a club of fighters.





3 comments:

The Checks Mix said...

Thank you for commenting on my blog and I was very touched to see your tribute with my blog linked. That means so much. It is so inspiring to see those of you who've been through this and have come out on top. Thank you for giving me SO much hope!

VFR said...

I admire those who are so brave and so tough and fight through breast cancer with courage, equanimity, and hope. You, Vonnie, have given great hope to so many, as have these wonderful women featured in this video. May the Lord bless you all for the inspiration you are and will continue to be to so many.

Jord said...

You are a survivor Mom and endured your trial with great faith.