Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Exploring better Health and Fitness

Who doesn't think of heath and fitness in January? After a month of gluttony and very little real exercise in December, it's time to get real and get back to basics. In a lot of ways, I'm happy to see all the sweets and treats disappear and the real food come back again. Everyone knows that it's so important to take good care of their health, but, do they do what they know they should? The answer in my case if often NO. It takes time, it takes effort, its takes determination, there is often discomfort and discouragement. How do we stay M~O~T~I~V~A~T~E~D?? What motivates YOU? Finding what that motivation is I think is the KEY to success!

Do you want to feel good? Do you want to get around and not move like you're 90 years old when you're far from being 90 years old? Do you want to feel good about yourself - how you look and how you feel inside? Do you want to be independent and not be a burden on others? Do you want to live a long and healthy life? Do you want to go and do the things you want to go and do and not be incumbered by an ill body?

It takes a conscious decision and effort to succeed...and a support system...and friends and helpers...and encouragement by others who know what they're talking about.

I've been reading some interesting articles on:
SLEEP
WEIGHT LOSS
MENTAL HEALTH
ORAL HYGIENE
EXERCISE
HAPPINESS
DRUGS AND SUPPLEMENTS
WATER AND BEVERAGES
SMOOTHIES AND GREEN DRINKS

AND THE SIX AREAS OF WELLNESS
I'll share some ideas in the future that I've found very interesting. Here's to a healthier and more fit 2012.

2 comments:

VFR said...

You're a good one to help us be motivated, Vonnie. Thanks

marcy said...

I'm lazy. Can you please spoon feed me :) haha
marcy