We had a fun mutual activity last week for Personal Progress with our Young Women group. I bought a BIG bag of M & M's from Costco and proceeded to group them by colors. Did you know that all the Personal Progress value colors are in a bag of M & M's except for white, purple and gold? Those extra colors can be found at Zuchers and purchased by weight to make the 8 value colors complete. I put the separated M & M's in tall stemmed glasses and had the girls use a small scoop to put about 4-5 of each color in the little clear containers. Once they had some of each, I asked them to name the value that each color represented before eating the M & M. If they could recite the definition or give the reference for the scripture, they got to refill their cup. They enjoyed reviewing/learning the value colors this way and it made for a fun activity.I love the Young Women values and what they represent. If every young woman truly understood and believed in these values and then let them guide her life, she would be so much more successful and happy. They are core teachings that will help any person ground their life to timeless values. Click on each value to learn more:
-
Faith
-
Divine Nature
-
Individual Worth
-
Knowledge
-
Choice and Accountability
-
Good Works
-
Integrity
-
Virtue
Now...what do I do with all those left over BROWN M & M's???
3 comments:
It's nice that the M&Ms can be put to some good use. They certainly don't taste very good plain, but the peanut ones are quite good.
That is a good idea! I will share that at our next YW meeting. Thanks Mom!
I love this idea Von and will be doing it soon - Jord, what is your YW calling?
Post a Comment